Be my Valentine…
„You should always give in to temptation; who knows when it will come around again". In this case, the temptation can be filed under healthy snacking and since it's Valentine's Day, is definitely worth giving in to.
Do you already have a Valentine's Day planned for your loved one? I've got a magical snack for you, which will reduce the object of your affection to a puddle of bliss.
These also work as an office in-between mini-meal or a seductive dessert.
„Don’t be eye candy, be soul food“.
This raw food snack belongs to the comfort or soul food family and can be garnished with seasonal fruit like figs, kiwis or berries. The base is a subtly sweet nut batter made with walnuts, almonds, desiccated coconut and flaxseed. This is topped with a velvety coconut cream made from cashew nuts, coconut milk and more desiccated coconut. Shove this heap of goodness into the freezer for a couple of hours and let it thaw a little before serving it with some matcha tea. Indulge in the yum without feeling even a little guilty.
Be my Valentine...
My recipe is now also featured on the very cool Blog von Merkur along with other delicious Valentine's Day recipes.
Raw Love Coconut Bar
Ingredients for the nut batter:
- 60g walnuts
- 65g unblanched, whole almonds
- 70g dried figs
- 70g medjool dates, deseeded
- 2 TBSP desiccated coconut
- 2 TBSP flaxseed
- ½ TBSP water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for the coconut and cashew cream:
- 120g cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight
- 140ml coconut milk
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 3-4 TBSP maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla seeds, freshly scraped from a pod
- edible flowers, sugar hearts or fruits like figs, kiwi or berries
- For the nut batter, put all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until you have a slightly sticky, smooth mass.
- Line a casserole dish with clingfilm, pour in the batter, press down evenly and put in the freezer.
- For the coconut and cashew cream, put the soaked cashews into a food processor and mix for about 2 minutes, until you have a creamy mass. Add coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla seeds and continue mixing until well combined.
- Now take the chilled nut batter from the freezer and evenly spread the coconut and cashew cream on top of it.
- Put the dish back into the freezer for a further two hours. Then remove and let it thaw for 15 minutes, garnish with edible flowers, fruit or sugar hearts and cut into even bars. Serve.