Egg Muffins Times Three
Happy Easter! And a lovely family Easter Brunch shouldn't be without a great recipe I have for you today - or rather three: egg muffins in three variations: with ham, bacon or toast.
For those vegetarians among you, the egg muffin with bread is just the ticket; for a gluten-free version, just use gluten-free toast.
- 6 eggs
- 2 slices of gluten-free toast (by Schär, for example)
- 2 slices of lean ham
- 2 slices of streaked bacon
- a little butter or oil
Preparation for ham or bacon muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line a muffin tin with ham or bacon and crack an egg into each form.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and let cool. Carefully remove from the tin, season with a little salt and pepper and serve.
Preparation for toast muffins:
- Roll out the toast slices with a rolling pin until they're as thin as possible but still structurally sound. Brush with a teaspoon of butter or oil.
- Press the toast, buttered side down, into the muffin tin or baking sheet. Crack an egg into each form, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake as above.
What else you will need: a muffin tin or individual muffin forms