My KochAbo Cooking Session with meinWetter.tv
Verena from meinWetter.tv visited me at the KochAbo studio to look over my shoulder while I cook. Together, we made delicious crêpes with cottage cheese, salmon and rocket. You can find the video report and the KochAbo recipe here...
Here's the deal: we crave different things according to the weather and seasons. If it's cold, raining or snowing, we want to eat and drink sweet, warm things. If it's sunny and warm, we all like cold drinks, light dishes and fresh salads.
Spring has sprung! And even though the weather isn't quite as mild and nice as the forecast has promised and Verena and I had to therefore move our early picnic to the sofa, we still had a great time cooking one of my KochAbo recipes: salmon wraps with cottage cheese. Superfast, really delicious and totally perfect for a picnic in the park. But see for yourself - watch the video featuring Verena and me (and today's weather forecast) on meinwetter.tv:
Curious? Would you like to try KochAbo? Enter the code FOODTASTIC and get 10 euros off your first subscription!
Pictures: (c) Carina Hinterberger
- 100g smoked salmon
- 100g flour
- 2 eggs
- 140ml milk
- 1 TBSP mustard
- 0,5 bunch dill
- 80g cottage cheese
- 50g rocket
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- optional: 1-2 TBSP water (for the dough)
- 1 TBSP apple juice (or water)
- 1-4 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- salt and pepper
- Combine flour, eggs, salt and milk (leave 1-2 tablespoons for later) in a bowl and mix well with a hand mixer until you have a smooth dough. Let sit for 15 minutes. If the dough is a bit lumpy after it has rested, add a little water and knead some more with the hand mixer (the dough should be neither lumpy nor runny).
- In the meantime, wash, shake dry, pick and chop the dill and combine it with the mustard, sugar/honey and apple juice/water as well as the olive oil, salt and pepper and stir until you have a sauce. Mix the cottage cheese with 1-2 TBSP of milk in a bowl. Wash and shake or spin dry the rocket.
- Melt some butter in a pan and cook the crêpes/wraps one by one by adding 1/4 of the dough to the pan and frying it evenly. Keep adding butter to the pan as you go. Then, let the crêpes/wraps cool.
- Spread some cottage cheese onto the wraps, top evenly with the salmon and the rocket and drizzle some of the mustard sauce on top. Roll up the wraps tightly (see serving tip), arrange on plates and serve.
Serving tip: If you have guests, you can roll the wraps in some parchment paper and fasten with decorative yarn.